"OUT-OF-THE-ATTIC - MEMORIES"
BRAMWELL HIGH SCHOOL
Bramwell School was established in 1894 with Professor E.S. Baker becoming the first principal of the school. In 1933 fire destroyed a large part of the school. A new school building was completed in 1935. That year Mr. Dwight W. McCormick became the school's new principal. Mr. McCormick came to Bramwell School as a Social Studies teacher in 1935, becoming principal later that same year. He took over with a practically new two-building institution, and largely because of his fine custodianship, those buildings remain in excellent condition today. Mr. McCormick remained principal until his retirement in 1969. Under his excellent leadership the school provided thousands of students with a superior education. His teaching staff included such well known and respected educators as Miss Ada B. Whitmore, Mr. David Richardson, Mr. Herbert Miller and his wife, Mrs. Rebecca Perry Miller , Miss Maude Smith and many others. These excellent educators provided outstanding teaching and guidance in subjects from english, math and music. In 1949 the "Bramwell Millionaire Marching Band" was formed under the direction of Mr. David Richardson. Reviving the School Band enriched hundreds of students and parents lives.
By 1953 the enrollment of the school had grown to 926 students. This growth called for construction of a new gym and cafeteria, thus making room for extensive renovations to the entire school.
Bramwell High has also excelled in sports; winning the Class A State Basketball Championship in 1961, 1962, 1967, 1971 and 1988.
To anyone who ever attended Bramwell School, taught there or had children who attended during the first century, know the value of the education and guidance received at this outstanding institution. The indomitable spirit and pride, inherited from the Bramwell School educational environment, has enhanced the lives of thousands of Bramwell High School graduates.
Bramwell's last class of seniors graduated in May 1991. The school building housed grades one throught six with approximate 100 students until June, 2004. It was closed and sold. In 2013 it was resold to a company that plans to use the building as a RTV guest hotel.
MORE INFORMATION: BRAMWELL HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY LESSON