Historic Company Store
Located in Freeman,West Virginia
Photograph taken 6/24/1999
Booth - Bowen Company Store showing the QUEEN'S Market Sign.
|This is the only company store building remaining of the three Coal Company Stores that once graced the Freeman, West Virginia landscape at the turn of the 19th century. It the Booth - Bowen Coal Company Store. It still stands and until some 30 years ago was operated as a local grocery store by the Queen family. It was vacant and boarded up for about 20 years. In 1999 the building was converted into a church with the top floor of the building removed. It is one of the buildings that can be seen in the 1901 picture of Freeman featured on this site.|
This Miners Memorial is located just across the road from the pictured company store in Freeman, West Virginia.
BOWEN COAL BARON FAMILY
BOOTH-BOWEN COAL TIPPLE
CLICK HERE - RETURN TO FREEMAN,WV
CLICK HERE - VIEW NO. 1 BUCKEYE TIPPLE
CLICK HERE - BRAMWELL HISTORY