OUT OF THE ATTIC ~ 1920
Bramwell High School Memories
This photograph of the original Bramwell High School was taken from an old Post Card. This building was built at the turn of the century and was destroyed by fire in 1933. The Bramwell Public Grade School was established in 1894. Professor E. S. Baker of Greenbrier County was the first principal of the school. He came to Bramwell in 1894, the first year or the school. He remained principal until 1900.In 1930 there had been $87,000 spent to renovate Bramwell High School to make it look the way it did in the photograph. It did not stand long after this photograph was taken. It was destroyed by fire in 1933. In 1934 the present BHS building was erected at a cost of $60,000; the same year the legendary BHS English teacher, Miss Ada Blair Whitmore received a salary of $1,170.00.
1928 Bramwell High School Scholastic Honor Roll
( Photograph and yearbook material furnished by Mr. Edmund Woody )