BRAMWELL'S HISTORIC "FREEMAN" HOUSE
This Historic"Freeman" House is perhaps the largest frame house ever built in Historic Bramwell, WV. It is an imposing structure featuring a exquisite wrap around porch. This house was built in the late 1800s and expanded severl times in the early 1900s. It was once a farm house. In 1909 Charles Wesley Freeman expanded the house for his new bride. They added a large nusery connectedto the main house only by a very long hallway and ten full baths for their six children. It also features massive stone work around the house.
Just as Charles Wesley Freeman built the well known Historic Freeman House in Bramwell, his brother George GEORGE FREEMAN and wife, Annie Beals Freeman built a fine home for his family in St. Petersburg, PA and it also is pictured above. It was built in 1902. Bob Gallagher's grandmother told him that the St. Petersburg Freeman home was the first house in town to have electricity and that it even had a bowling alley in the basement. The reason the George Freeman House had electricity was a small oil well existed on the farm, ( they called it Bay Fanny). A building about the size of a double garage was situated behind the main house that housed the electric generator. The generator building can be seen in the above picture of the St. Petersburg house.
GEORGE FREEMAN HOUSE
BRAMWELL'S HISTORIC HOUSES INDEX
TOWN OF BRAMWELL INDEX
PRESENT BRAMWELL - 1999
BRAMWELL AFTER 100 YRS.-1988
EARLY BRAMWELL - 1888
RETURN TO TOWN OF BRAMWELL