GOODWILL MEMORIES - 1957
LOUISVILLE COMPANY STORE
This photograph is of the Louisville Company Store at Goodwill, WV. taken in April 1957. The photographer was Virginia Garrett Gwynn. The store was built in 1887, closed in 1958, and demolished in 1960-61. The store managers there were: Bernard Johnston, Ed Sutton, Charles Gwynn, and Mr. Ringham. Inside the store was the payroll office where Mr. Ringham, Mr. Swigger, and Vilda Gundisch paid the employees. In the basement in the front of the store was the "Junk Food Stand". It was opened at night for people who wanted pop, candy, ice cream and other basics. Byrd "Cappy" Johnston, Sleepy Horton, and Tuffy Hurst were the clerks.
( Material Furnished By: Ken Bowen, Bluewell, WV. )
GOODWILL COMPANY STORE EMPLOYEES
RETURN TO GOODWILL INDEX FILE
GOODWILL'S ORIGINAL LOUISVILLE COMPANY STORE