Historical Houses of Bramwell, West Virginia
Bramwell, WV Bungalow of Issac T. Mann. Postcard was published by the Bryant Pharmacy of Bramwell in 1913. Also featured in the middle background is the Historic Thomas House. The Martin House can be seen at the top left of this photograph.
Mann Playhouse Bungalow--ca. 1910 - framed one and a half-story structure with clipped gable, triple, sash windows in gable, long front porch with massive stone round posts. Main room has large stone fireplace. First used as a playhouse, then remodeled in 1940's to a regular dwelling by addition of several rooms behind the A-frame, resulting in an irregular plan. (Duhring Street).
Across the river by footbridge from his main house , Mann built this house-size "playhouse" for his children and their governess. The house today is a private residence.