Bramwell's Historic Keller - Pritchard House & Pack House
The Keller house was built by Benjamin Franklin Keller—an attorney who became a US District Judge.
The house was later sold to William & Anne Pritchard.
Yr. 2011 view of
Bramwell's Historic Keller-Pritchard House.
The house is almost identical to the Pack House ( shown below) and sits on the lot beside the Pack house.
THE PACK HOUSE OF BRAMWELL, WV
In 1902 the Pritchards moved to Bramwell and resided in a house on the hill above the Goodwill House. In the late teens they moved across the bridge at the end of Main Street to this house. It is located below historic Bramwell's Episcopal Church that on Bluestone Avenue. This Prichard House is located just across from the Hewitt House. Both are on Bramwell's "Main Street".
KELLER - PRITCHARD HOUSE-- Built:1893-1896 by Benjamin Franklin Keller. It is a two and a half story four squared gabled dwelling. A two story extension extension has been added toward the rear of the building on the right side and it has a hipped roof. A poarch extends across the entire front side and is supported by decorative posts with gingerbread brackets and balustrades. Singles appear in the gables. Ths house has been aluninum sided. Decorative rough iron fence borders the property.
PACK HOUSE--ca. 1897 : This large three-story four square gabled dwelling is almost identical to the Prichard House with a cross gable in center resulting in bays on either side of the house. A bay also projects from the first floor on to the front porch which stretches across the entire front of the house and turns the right corner to meet the bay on the right side. A small modified Palladian window appears an the third floor in the front gable. An iron fence also borders the property. The two houses sit side-by-side on Brick Street in Bramwell, WV.
Keller, Benjamin Franklin:
Born April 21, 1857, in Boalsburg, PA, Died August 8, 1921.
Judge for U.S. District Court, Federal Judicial Service in Southern District of West Virginia.
Received a recess appointment from William McKinley on June 18, 1901 to a new seat authorized by 31 Stat. 736; nominated to the same position by William McKinley on December 5, 1901. Confirmed by the Senate on December 17, 1901, and received commission on December 17, 1901. Service terminated on August 8, 1921, due to death.
Education: Pennsylvania State College, B.S., 1876 Pennsylvania State College, M.S., 1879. Columbian University School of Law (now George Washington University Law School), LL.B., 1882.
Professional Career: Private practice, Bramwell, West Virginia, 1891-1901.
|NEWS||MASTER INDEX||BHS CLASS INDEX||PIONEERS|