HISTORIC BRAMWELL- PURE OIL GAS STATION
The Pure Oil Gas Station was opened by Bramwell resident, Leo Haynes in 1939. It is located on Rt. 52 near the bottom of Pinacle Mountain within the present Town of Bramwell city limits. A Esso gas station, operated by the Gibson family was beside this gas station. Many a Bramwell High School students worked at these stations over the 40-50 years that they were open.
In the eary 1950s a days work earned a part time worker $3.00. One of the first television sets in the area was to be found in the Pure Oil gas station in 1952. The television signal came from a huge antenna located on top of the mountain behind the station. The line feeding the signal was the expensive 300 ohm twin lead. The poor "snowy" picture was enhanced by placing multi-color celephene sheets over the TV screen."Did not help much".
BRAMWELL'S HISTORIC HOUSES INDEX.
TOWN OF BRAMWELL INDEX
RETURN TO TOWN OF BRAMWELL